Home » Posts tagged 'wheelchair ramp' (Page 3)
Tag Archives: wheelchair ramp
Today at Discount Ramps we have a special product we’d like to introduce you to. Here we have, like many a ramp, the SUITCASE® RAMP Signature Series™ from EZ-Access. The thing that is real special about this suitcase ramp — other then the price or sleek design — is this is one of the newest and most durable wheelchair ramps that we now offer for sale. This mobility wheelchair ramp is made with a lightweight yet high quality aircraft aluminum material. Not only is this wheelchair ramp extremely light for it’s size but the ramp also comes with a weight capacity of 800lbs to handle almost any wheelchair loading situation. This Signature Series suitcase ramp is perfect for loading wheelchairs & scooters. Another great feature on this SUITCASE® RAMP Signature Series™ is that it has a built in skid-resistant traction surface, which is ideal to have on a ramp like this to prevent any injuries during the loading procedure. The traction surface makes it safer and easier to load and unload almost any wheelchair or scooter as long as the incline of the ramp is sufficient enough to make loading and unloading possible. If you’re not sure about the size or length of ramp that you will need to get the recommended incline for loading your wheelchair we encourage you to contact our sales staff at 1-888-651-3431!
Many other features have been engineered into the SUITCASE RAMP Signature Series. For instance this ramp is equipped with a no-pinch, non-protruding, maintenance-free hinge system. This allows for quick and easy folding and unfolding of the ramp along with adding extra strength to give it the durability and weight capacity required to tackle the job. The handles installed on the signature ramps are ergonomic and designed to resist breakage. One of the final features on our new SUITCASE RAMP series from EZ-Access is the top and bottom transition plates. These transition plates self adjust in case the surface as to which the ramp is placed on is uneven. We have a wide range of lengths available in our SUITCASE RAMP series. Lengths ranging from 2′ all the way to 8′ length. A great add on to this series is the Top Lip Extension and cargo wedge. This add on is an ideal mix for our Ramp Signature Series. It is optional, but makes the job much easier especially for loading in to an SUV or Minivan.
View the product page for more details and specifications on this Signature Series SUITCASE RAMP from EZ-Access.
If you are looking for an alternative to our Suitcase Ramp please see our full product line of portable wheelchair ramps.
Discount Ramps has added another wheelchair loading ramp to it’s selection. This new wheelchair ramp is very economical compared to many other portable ramps as it is made entirely out of steel, whereas the vast majority of other ramps are constructed out of a light-weight aluminum material. Some may wonder why you would want a steel folding wheelchair ramp, and there are a few good quality answers to that question. They are as follows:
- Steel folding wheelchair ramps are generally cheaper and more affordable than aluminum ramps. Not because they are a lesser quality product, but because aluminum is a more expensive material compared to steel. We want our customers to remember that just because a ramp is priced cheap doesn’t mean that the build quality of the ramp is “cheap”. Many of our competitors would like you to believe this, however, it is simply untrue.
- Steel ramps usually utilize a “grate” style surface. This is especially a good option for areas or situations where the scooter or wheelchair being loaded will be muddy or rainy conditions are involved. The grate style surface allows for the ramp and tires to self-clean; meaning mud, water, snow/ice, etc. fall through the grate holes thus allowing maximum traction while loading or entering an area.
- Steel ramps are sometimes a better option as steel is a harder metal compared to the aluminum that is typically used on ramps. This makes steel ramps better solutions when they are going to be thrown in and out of pickup trucks or other areas where a stiff surface may scratch or dent the ramp.
Those are just a few things to consider when looking at purchasing one of these new steel wheelchair ramps. Please note that right now Discount Ramps LLC is only offering these steel ramps in 3ft, 4ft, and 5ft lengths. For more details on these steel wheelchair ramps visit DiscountRamps.com.
As many have noticed the wheelchair ramps that are manufactured by EZ-Access have gone through some pretty extensive engineering changes to their design. A couple of factors that EZ-Access took into consideration during the remodeling of their wheelchair ramps consist of the following:
- Smooth transitions on/off the ramp
- Less pinching points
- Easier to maneuver via smoother motions/hinge points
- Ergonomically designed handles(Suitcase wheelchair ramp model) Click here to View this along with other features.
- More efficient extruded tread non-skid surface for maximum traction
- *Special sand/grit traction tape surface with yellow reflect tape sides. (Only available on select Advantage Series Models)
Discount Ramps is glad to see some new innovation in the wheelchair ramp industry; there has been very few new products/redesigns to wheelchair ramps with in the past few years. So, with that being said, we are gladly offering the EZ-Access Advantage Series wheelchair ramps instead of the standard series which has been the flagship ramp model for EZ-Access’ portable ramp department. We are certain that customers will be amazed at the overall quality of these new wheelchair ramps.